Friday, November 15, 2013

Blessings upon Blessings. I am not worthy.


So last Tuesday I contracted what I thought was going to be a minor cold. I get them often because of the suppressed immune system effect of Diabetes. I am usually sick for a few days and then feel better. Well, needless to say that didn't turn out like I expected. Instead, I wound up with a serious body wracking, lung tearing “Gee why won't someone shoot me” kind of cold that is stilll going on 10 days later with no sign of stopping even though I am feeling better.
During this period I had to return to Georgia with my wife to try and get our old house cleaned out and ready to rent. I was so sick that she had to drive the entire 1500 mile round trip by herself and I am ever so proud of her for doing that. Thank God we managed to get almost everything done that we needed to do even though I was barely able to breath the entire trip.
I want to give a MAJOR Shout out to our Elders who took it upon themselves to take care of our 7 (Yes 7) animals while we were gone. The biggest worry that I always have when we are out of town is that something will happen to one of the 5 cats and two dogs that we proudly own. It is a truly wonderful group of young people who are willing to come into someone's house twice a day to feed animals and scoop litter boxes. It is an even more amazing group that is willing to pick up the rather substantial amounts of poop that my two horse dogs leave behind. When we got back, all the animals were healthy and the house was spotless from an animal residue. Way to go, Elders! My Elders totally rock!
While I was gone, one of my Geezer class members, Brother Schneider texted me and asked if I needed a blessing before my cold. I said no for two reasons. One I felt at the time it was a very minor cold and also I kind of felt like I was being greedy. Not a month before I had the Flu. (Suppressed Immune Sytem strikes again.) and had been the recipient of a Blessing that did me wonders so I felt like I was being greedy asking for another.
Well, once we got back I had changed my tune. I literally had not slept more than two hours a night in over a week and I was so sick that I truly felt like I was dying. So I texted Brother Schneider and asked if I could still have the Blessing. He sent over Elders Berg and Wray who performed an incredibly uplifting and loving Blessing that had me feeling better moments after they were done. I was still sick, but I could feel their love and God's love coursing through my body. Now a day later, I feel better than I have in almost 2 weeks. Between their amazing gift and some very good medications from my new Doctor, I actually feel like I am going to be okay.
The Church has given me so many blessings since we joined. Love, support and more new friendships that I can even begin to count. Not sure if I truly deserve them all, but I am trying every single day to be worthy of these amazing gifts. I will probably never truly be worthy of them but I will never stop trying. God has given me so much in such a short period of time and I am truly Blessed
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment