Sunday, November 9, 2014

You just never know.

     So months ago, I was speaking to a young man at my job.  I just happened to mention that my wife and I had recently converted to  the Mormon faith.  He seemed surprised and said that his girlfriend was Mormon and that he was thinking about asking her to marry him.
     I mentioned offhand that if he really wants to marry her he would have to convert and be Baptized so they could be sealed in the Temple.  He kyouind of laughed and nodded.  We later had other conversations about the faith and my experience with the church, but I never gave that first talk much thought.
     So last night, I found out that the young man had gotten Baptized the Saturday before.   Needless to say I was incredibly happy to get this news.
     I have no idea if my simple testimony had any effect on sh as the happened, but it just shows how it is possible to have an effect on people's lives through your honest testimony.  Speak truly and from the heart in everything you do and who knows what you might accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment