Sunday, September 22, 2013

First Steps on a Brand New Trek

After a very exciting and a little scary (Slipped in the font while being dunked. Lol) Baptism last night, today was the day that my amazing Wife and I were confirmed as members of the Church and received the blessing of the Holy Ghost. Having all of the people who have supported and encouraged me over the past few months there with us just made the experience even more amazing. I am honored by the gift that was given to me.
Being the sort of person I am, before the Confirmation, I read dozens of accounts from people who had received the Holy Ghost and how it affected them. Most of the ones I read talked about the person instantly felt the power of the Holy Ghost flow through them when the Confirmation was performed. My experience was a little different.
I can honestly say that I didn't feel some overwhelming force pass through me as I received the Holy Ghost. I wasn't instantly charged with its power and changed forever in an instant. What I did feel was an incredible sense of Love and Support flowing not just from the Priests performing the ceremony, but from every single person in the Church. The waves of Compassion and pure unadulterated Love flowed over me like waters on the beach.
Ever since we started this Trek, I have been given more than most people experience in their entire lives. Kindness and friendship eased every single bump and fear I encountered. All of this was given without any sense of a need for a return. The Brothers and Sisters I met reached out simply because they felt the need to. Not once did I feel that they were doing these things out of some desire to force me along a path that I did not want to follow.
I have had experiences with many different Sects of Christianity over the decades and almost universally the “True Believers” were aggressive and oftentimes condescending. They made me feel as if I was lower than low because I did not believe the way they did. In their “devotion”, they easily drove me away even when I wanted to learn and believe.
Today just proved all that I have seen and felt during the past few months. I stood in front of my Family in my Home with my heart and soul bared for all to see. Not once did I sense any judging or questioning of my Heart and Soul. Everyone there was proud of me and happy that I had finally made my way Home. I hope that each and every one of you have felt or will one day felt how amazing that feels.
Today was just the first step on a brand new Trek and I know I still have a long way to go before I am deserving of the trust and love that all of you have given me. With God's strength and love, I know I will make it as far as I need to go. With the Love and Friendship that my Brothers and Sisters give me, I know I do not have to make that trip alone. Thank you.
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment